Save Money On Your Rx
- Altered speech may be the first sign of Parkinson's diseaseon January 24, 2023 at 3:38 pm
Researchers attempted to identify early symptoms of Parkinson's disease using voice data. In their study, the researchers used artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze and assess speech signals, where calculations are done and diagnoses made in seconds rather than hours.
- Protein shapes indicate Parkinson's diseaseon November 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Researchers have found that a set of proteins have different shapes in the spinal fluid of healthy individuals and Parkinson's patients. These could be used in the future as a new type of biomarker for this disease.
- Picking the fastest progressing patients to speed Parkinson's disease clinical trialson November 10, 2022 at 4:43 pm
A team has developed a new tool that can predict how Parkinson's disease patients will fare over the course of a year based on their genetics, brain scans and physical examinations.
- OHSU scientists identify molecule that could help treat Parkinson'son November 9, 2022 at 5:43 pm
Researchers have discovered that the neurotransmitter adenosine effectively acts as a brake to dopamine, another well-known neurotransmitter involved in motor control. The discovery could immediately suggest new avenues of drug development to treat symptoms of Parkinson's disease, a movement disorder where the loss of dopamine-producing cells has been widely implicated as a cause.
- Researchers identify a molecular mechanism associated with juvenile Parkinson'son November 8, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Parkinson's disease affects 3% of population over 65 years old, and the average age of onset is 60. Regarding juvenile Parkinson, which represents the rest of all Parkison's cases, the disease begins before 40 years old. Now, a group of researchers has deciphered the molecular mechanism by which a mutation of the adenosine type 1 receptor gene is associated with juvenile Parkinson's.