Save Money On Your Rx
- Will reduction in tau protein protect against Parkinson's and Lewy body dementias?on June 18, 2021 at 5:39 pm
Will a reduction in tau protein in brain neurons protect against Parkinson's disease and Lewy body dementias? A new study suggests the answer is no. If this is borne out, that result differs from Alzheimer's disease, where reducing endogenous tau levels in brain neurons is protective for multiple models of the disease -- and thus suggests that the role of tau in the pathogenesis of Lewy body dementias is distinct from Alzheimer's disease.
- Deciphering structure of a toxic matter that destroys the nerves in the brainon May 26, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Researchers reveal the structure of a hetero-oligomer nano-aggregate - a substance that causes Parkinson's and dementia - through quadruple force mapping.
- Low blood flow in the brain may be an early sign of Parkinson's diseaseon May 25, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Patients who suffer from REM sleep behavior disorder have altered blood flow in the brain, which can lead to a lack of oxygen in the brain tissue. In the long term, this may cause symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
- Step-closer to nasal spray drug delivery for Parkinson's diseaseon May 24, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Scientists have made significant progress in the development of a nasal spray treatment for patients with Parkinson's disease.
- New insight into protein production in brain could help tackle dementiaon May 19, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Scientists have revealed a layer of genetic material involved in controlling the production of tau; a protein which plays a critical role in serious degenerative conditions, such as Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease.