There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Save Money On Your Rx
- 10 pesticides toxic to neurons involved in Parkinson'son May 18, 2023 at 4:08 pm
Through a novel pairing of epidemiology and toxicity screening, researchers were able to identify 10 pesticides that were directly toxic to key neurons.
- Chemical exposure may raise your risk for Parkinson'son May 16, 2023 at 3:55 pm
Two years of heavy exposure to TCE, a liquid chemical that lingers in the air, water and soil, may increase the risk of Parkinson's disease by 70%.
- Whether physical exertion feels 'easy' or 'hard' may be due to dopamine levels, study suggestson April 12, 2023 at 5:10 pm
Dopamine, a brain chemical long associated with pleasure, motivation and reward-seeking, also appears to play an important role in why exercise and other physical efforts feel 'easy' to some people and exhausting to others, according to results of a study of people with Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's disease is marked by a loss of dopamine-producing cells in the brain over time.
- A novel waste removal factor treats brain hemorrhageon March 16, 2023 at 3:41 pm
Researchers have found a new way to remove waste from the brain after hemorrhage.
- 'Semantic similarity' leads to novel drug candidates for Parkinson's diseaseon March 3, 2023 at 3:53 pm
The words that researchers use to describe their results can be harnessed to discover potential new treatments for Parkinson's disease, according to a new study. The study employed an artificial intelligence (AI) system to identify an existing anti-cholesterol drug that has the ability to promote the disposal of mitochondria, energy-making components of the cell which are damaged in the disease.