Save Money On Your Rx
- Study reports repair of mitochondrial recycling defect linked to Parkinson’s diseaseon August 3, 2021 at 6:27 pm
A study in mice shows that an experimental small molecule helped restore the removal of damaged mitochondria from dopamine-producing brain cells.
- Fruit compound may have potential to prevent and treat Parkinson's diseaseon July 29, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Researchers say they have added to evidence that the compound farnesol, found naturally in herbs, and berries and other fruits, prevents and reverses brain damage linked to Parkinson's disease in mouse studies.
- More than just walking: A new role for core brain regionon July 27, 2021 at 9:17 pm
For decades, a key brain area has been thought to merely regulate locomotion. Now, a research group has shown that the region is involved in much more than walking, as it contains distinct populations of neurons that control different body movements. The findings could help to improve certain therapies for Parkinson's disease.
- Compound derived from turmeric essential oil has neuroprotective propertieson July 14, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Researchers have found that a component derived from turmeric essential oil, ar-turmerone, and its derivatives act directly on dopaminergic neurons to exert a neuroprotective effect on tissue cultures of a Parkinson's disease model. The effect appears to be due to the enhancement of cellular antioxidant potency through Nrf2 activation. The researchers believe that the ar-turmerone derivatives identified in this study can be utilized as new therapeutic agents for Parkinson's disease.
- Human molecule blocking toxic forms of Parkinson's-related protein identifiedon June 29, 2021 at 4:07 pm
Researchers have identified a human peptide found in the brain that blocks the alpha-synuclein aggregates involved in Parkinson's disease and prevents their neurotoxicity.