Save Money On Your Rx
- Eye tests predict Parkinson's-linked cognitive decline 18 months aheadon January 19, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Simple vision tests can predict which people with Parkinson's disease will develop cognitive impairment and possible dementia 18 months later, according to a new study. In a related study, the researchers also found that structural and functional connections of brain regions become decoupled throughout the entire brain in people with Parkinson's disease, particularly among people with vision problems.
- Increased risk of Parkinson's disease in patients with schizophreniaon January 15, 2021 at 4:03 pm
A new study shows that patients with a schizophrenia spectrum disorder have an increased risk of Parkinson's disease later in life. The increased risk may be due to alterations in the brain's dopamine system caused by dopamine receptor antagonists or neurobiological effects of schizophrenia.
- MIND and Mediterranean diets associated with later onset of Parkinson's diseaseon January 13, 2021 at 7:45 pm
A new study suggests a strong correlation between following the MIND and Mediterranean diets and later onset of Parkinson's disease (PD). While researchers have long known of neuroprotective effects of the MIND diet for diseases like Alzheimer's and dementia, this study is the first to suggest a link between this diet and brain health for Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Five-minute EEG recordings: A key to the symptoms of Parkinson'son December 9, 2020 at 5:49 pm
Pathological changes related to the disability of Parkinson's patients can already be detected in signals from the scalp without the need to open the skull.
- Tomatoes offer affordable source of Parkinson's disease drugon December 9, 2020 at 2:42 pm
Scientists have produced a tomato enriched in the Parkinson's disease drug L-DOPA in what could become a new, affordable source of one of the world's essential medicines.