Save Money On Your Rx
- Discovery illuminates how Parkinson's disease spreads in the brainon September 20, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Aggregates of the protein alpha-synuclein spread in the brains of people with Parkinson's disease through a cellular waste-ejection process, suggests a new study.
- Exercise hormone halts Parkinson's disease symptoms in mouse studyon September 12, 2022 at 3:24 pm
Researchers have shown that a hormone secreted into the blood during endurance, or aerobic, exercise reduces levels of a protein linked to Parkinson's disease and halts movement problems in mice.
- Researchers uncover where and why proteins malfunction in Parkinson's diseaseon August 30, 2022 at 5:56 pm
Scientists have uncovered how a build-up of harmful protein starts to happen within neurons in Parkinson's disease, ultimately causing nerve cell death. By looking at how, where and why this build-up happens, the work provides unique insight into a key biological process driving Parkinson's.
- Inactivated protein complex linked to Parkinson-like symptomson August 29, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Inactivation of a particular protein complex that plays a key role in keeping genes switched off leads to nerve cells not producing enough essential neurotransmitters. This could be part of the explanation for diseases such as Parkinson's as well as anxiety disorders.
- Artificial intelligence model can detect Parkinson's from breathing patterns, researchers showon August 25, 2022 at 4:03 pm
A device with the appearance of a Wi-Fi router uses a neural network to discern the presence and severity of one of the fastest-growing neurological diseases in the world.