Save Money On Your Rx
- A novel waste removal factor treats brain hemorrhageon March 16, 2023 at 3:41 pm
Researchers have found a new way to remove waste from the brain after hemorrhage.
- 'Semantic similarity' leads to novel drug candidates for Parkinson's diseaseon March 3, 2023 at 3:53 pm
The words that researchers use to describe their results can be harnessed to discover potential new treatments for Parkinson's disease, according to a new study. The study employed an artificial intelligence (AI) system to identify an existing anti-cholesterol drug that has the ability to promote the disposal of mitochondria, energy-making components of the cell which are damaged in the disease.
- Researchers identify three intestinal bacteria found in dementia with Lewy bodieson March 1, 2023 at 1:52 am
Researchers have identified gut bacteria that are associated with dementia with Lewy bodies. Changing the levels of three bacteria, Collinsella, Ruminococcus, and Bifidobacterium, may delay the onset and progression of this neurodegenerative disease.
- Altered speech may be the first sign of Parkinson's diseaseon January 24, 2023 at 3:38 pm
Researchers attempted to identify early symptoms of Parkinson's disease using voice data. In their study, the researchers used artificial intelligence (AI) to analyze and assess speech signals, where calculations are done and diagnoses made in seconds rather than hours.
- Protein shapes indicate Parkinson's diseaseon November 28, 2022 at 3:12 pm
Researchers have found that a set of proteins have different shapes in the spinal fluid of healthy individuals and Parkinson's patients. These could be used in the future as a new type of biomarker for this disease.